If you have been a fan of the blog for any amount of time or following me on any of my social media accounts including my new Facebook group (Fully Empowered Female Badasses- go check it out, it’s awesome) then you probably already know that I am big on female empowerment. I am a firm believer in the power of women, and am a proud feminist. Women are strong, beautiful, courageous, loving, and fully capable of accomplishing incredible things. But I have found that many of us tend to forget just how powerful and wonderful we really are, especially young women and girls, so I wanted to take the time to share with y’all some of my favorite quotes for female empowerment. I hope that they resonate with you and provide you with the reminder that you are exactly the kind of person that the world is waiting to hear from.
- “Women have been trained to speak softly and carry a lipstick. Those days are over.” – Bella Abzug
- “Start where you are. Start with fear. Start with pain. Start with doubt. Start with hands shaking. Start and don’t stop. Just start.” – Unknown
- “I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself.” – Emma Stone
- “There is no force equal to a woman determined to rise.” – WEB Dubois
- ” It takes years as a woman to unlearn what you have been taught to be sorry for.” – Amy Poehler
- “A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.” – Coco Chanel
- “She has been feeling it for awhile now–that sense of awakening. There is a gentle rage simmering inside her, and it is getting stronger by the day. She will hold it close to her–she will nurture it and let it grow. She won’t let anyone take it away from her. It is her rocket fuel and finally, she is going places. She can feel it down to her very core–this is her time. She will not only climb mountains–she will move them too.” – Lang Leav
- “We are the granddaughters of the witches you weren’t able to burn.” – Unknown
- ” A little girl, the minute she is born, she already is the woman she will be. So to empower a little girl is to empower the woman she will become.” –Diane Von Furstenberg
- “A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her.”– Unknown
I would love to know what some of your favorite quotes for female empowerment are, so feel free to comment below or let me know on social media.