Having a healthy mindset is one of the most important parts of leading an overall healthy lifestyle, but let’s be honest having a healthy and balanced mindset can be hard. I will be the first to tell you that there is nothing easy about maintaining a balanced and healthy headspace when life is constantly throwing things your way. One of the keys that I have found to maintaining a healthy and stable mindset is setting up or establishing a few key hacks you can use to boost your energy, and get you back into a high vibe state of mind. Today I wanted to take some time, and share with you some of the top hacks I have learned and implemented myself, in the hopes that they can help you establish a healthy mindset and keep you in a high vibe energy head space.
- Watch what you tell yourself: We are the number one person that we listen to os we have to be conscious of the things that we are telling ourselves. Think about the things that you are telling yourself, and truly try being kinder to yourself. One technique I recommend is something I call the “child technique” which refers to how we talk to ourself. For example if what you find yourself telling yourself is something you wouldn’t tell the younger version of yourself then why would you tell the older version of yourself. An example I see all the time is people beating themselves up… “I’m not good enough”, “I’m too ugly”, etc. All of these are thing you would never tell the child version of yourself because they are too harsh and rude, so don’t tell them to the adult version of yourself.
- Be conscious of what you feed your mind: A huge part of your mindset is what you feed into it. Think about all of the things that you mentally consume in a day, and how they affect you. If you are feeling low in energy, low vibe, or like your not in a healthy of positive headspace take a good hard look at what you are feeding your mind, and more often than not you will see that you have been exposing yourself to things that aren’t healthy or are negative.
- Assess who you spend time with: Not unlike what you put into your mind, who you spend time with is a huge factor that affects your mindset and headspace. Spending time with people who are negative, in an unhealthy headspace themselves, or are just unpleasant to be around can truly bring down your own vibes and energy, so I encourage you to truly think about who you are spending your time with. There is a saying that says you are the culmination of the 5 people you spend the most time with, so why not surround yourself with people that encourage you and lift you up to be the best version of yourself.
- Exercise: Now don’t get be wrong I know for many of us exercise is not fun, but there is a reason that in Legally Blonde Elle Woods say that “Happy people just don’t kill their husbands”. In the film she refers to her client, who is a workout instructor, being happy, thus being innocent. Why is she happy, well because she exercises and exercise releases endorphins in the brain which are in essence happy chemicals, and help to boost your mood. So if you are feeling in a funk, low in energy, or low vibe their try taking a quick walk or doing a little workout session, and watch your mood instantly boost.
- Visualize: Visualization is another great way to boost your energy and vibes, especially if you are feeling low or just lacking energy and motivation. Simply sitting in a quiet place, taking a few minutes to yourself, and visualizing what it is you want or are trying to achieve can be truly beneficial. Giving yourself a few minutes to actively think about your dreams and goals, helps to not only hold you more accountable, but to make them seem more real and attainable.
- Be grateful: The last tip I recommend is to practice gratitude. Practicing gratitude in my opinion one of the biggest parts of maintaining a healthy mindset because it helps to ensure that you are actively cognizant and appreciative of what you have and what is going on in your life. And it doesn’t have to be anything crazy elaborate, just taking a couple of minutes to think about the things that you are thankful for can be very beneficial.
A huge part of maintaining and establishing a healthy mindset and headspace is to keep an arsenal of high vibe hacks at your disposal for the days when you are feeling low in energy, struggling to stay motivated, or are just feeling down in general. The top high vibe hacks I recommend are watching what you tell yourself, being conscious of what you feed your mind, assessing who you spend time with, exercising, visualizing, and practicing gratitude. These techniques are super helpful, and I would love to know if you try any of them out, or if you have any of your own tried and true high vibe hack tips and tricks.