As a coach who specializes in mindset, and as simple a person who wants to become the best version of myself I can be, I am constantly trying to better my life and mindset. Because of this one the big things that I have discovered is that it’s often not what you add to your life, but rather what you remove from or stop doing in your life that has the greatest effect. In honor of that I want to take some time today, and talk about five things that I think everyone should stop doing in order to live a better life and have a healthier mindset.
- Needing to be in control: One of the biggest things I personally struggle with is the need to be in control, so this one is hard for me, but I have discovered that when you let go you open yourself up to so many possibilities.
- Worrying about what you can’t change: One of the things that I have found my clients really struggle with is the desire to change things that they know in reality they can’t change, but the problem is that we have to learn to let go of that which we cannot change, if we hope to move forward.
- Comparison: Comparison is the thief of joy, and I will never stop saying that. If you live in a constant state of comparison, you will never come to value yourself, and that is one of the most important things to better your mindset and life.
- Grudges: This is another big one for me. I am the Queen of holding grudges, and yes I know how unhealthy that is. I am working on it! But in all seriousness holding a grudge does nothing but hurt the person holding it, and why would you want to hurt yourself.
- Worrying what others think: Another big one my clients struggle with is worrying what other people think of them and what they are doing. But I have a news flash for you. Those people do not matter, and neither do their opinions. Simple put how you feel is what matters, and the haters can keep on moving.
From my own personal development journey, and my work as a coach I have discovered that sometimes the most impactful thing you can do to better your life and mindset isn’t to add something or start something new in life, but rather to remove that which doesn’t serve us anymore. Sometimes it is as simple as stopping an old habit, or something more complex like shifting a mindset you’ve had your whole life. The point is that taking time to reflect on the things that aren’t good for you to be doing in life, can have drastically beneficial results on your mindset and life.