If you have been around the blog for a while then mindfulness is not a new thing for you. I mean let’s be honest I talk about it pretty much every week whether on the blog, in the Facebook group, or with my clients and in real life. I am a firm believer than practicing mindfulness in life can truly shift everything for you. So to simplify the act of being mindful I wanted to take today to share with you eight super easy ways to be more mindful right now.
- breath worth: practice deep breathing, noticing your breath, and slowing your breathing down
- notice your senses: noticing all of your senses; what you taste, see, feel, and hear grounds you to the world around you
- empty your mind: practice sitting alone for a while and just empty your mind; be present in the moment
- practice non-judgmental listening: listening to the world around you without a judgmental lens can truly help you to feel more aware of the world around you, and more present
- be aware of your daily activities: acknowledging what you are doing each day allows you to ground yourself and be more present
- go outside: girl get yourself outside; being outside and connecting to nature is huge to practice mindfulness because it connects you to things outside of yourself
- forgive yourself: this one may be the biggest thing I can recommend to be more mindful, and that is to forgive yourself- forgiving yourself allows you to love yourself and be more inline with yourself
- gratitude: practicing gratitude is something that I think a lot of people forget about, but it is truly impactful because it reminds you to be mindful of what you already have in your life
I recognize that practicing mindfulness can sometimes feel overwhelming so I highly recommend that you try out some of these simple ways to practice mindfulness more each day.