A few weeks ago I wrote a blog post all about what success is, what is means, and how it has become this sort of dirty word. I myself have not always been a fan of the word because I dictated so much of my life to what society deemed as success for me, and suffice it to say things didn’t exactly work out. Because of this I don’t often talk about success, but I wanted to talk about it in a more abstract and personal way, and discuss what six habits I consider to be needed for success on your own terms.
- Establish a morning routine: schedule out your time in the morning to optimize efficiency and time
- Stay focused: keep your to do list small and stay focused on the top things that need to be done
- Get outside your comfort zone: force yourself to push outside of your comfort zone because that is where growth lies
- Move your body and fuel it: your body is how you get everything done, and you only get one of them so you have to move it, fuel it, and keep it running
- Create space for yourself: this one is definitely a little more abstract, but creating space for yourself where you can reflect on the positive things in your life, and practice gratitude is huge
- Go to bed early/wake up at the same time: establishing a sleep schedule and routine is essential to maximize your energy during the day
As you know I am not the biggest fan of the word success, but that’s simply because success is so often a societal construct, and I believe you should determine success on your own terms. Having said that I do think there are certain habits you can establish and implement into your life that will help you succeed no matter your definition of the word.