We all want to be more self confident, but let’s be honest it isn’t easy. I for one know it isn’t easy for me. I struggle with my self confidence on a daily basis, but it is something that I am constantly trying to work on. I look at self confidence almost like a skill, and just like any other skill you have to consciously work on it. Now there are thousands of self help and personal development books out there to help you boost your self confidence, but today I wanted to share some of my favorite simple self confidence hacks that have helped me to boost my own confidence, and they may work for you too.
- Affirmations: Using affirmations can be a great way to boost your self confidence. Simply create a phrase that you recite to yourself repeatedly, and your subconscious will learn to “talk” to yourself in that positive way. An example of an affirmation is “I am worth, and enough.”
- Use social media: Now you may be thinking what in the world with this one, but just trust me. We live in a very social media driven world, and unfortunately much of our self worth comes from how our posts on social media performs. So what I recommend is that you challenge yourself to ignore what other people say about your posts, and instead post things that make you feel good. Post quotes that inspire you and pictures that make you feel beautiful. The importance is disregarding what the reactions of others may be, and instead focus on things that make you feel good, and you would be surprised what posting positive things does for your self confidence.
- Wear things that make you feel good: This may be one of the simplest ways to boost your self confidence, but it can have a huge impact on how you feel about yourself. Try wearing an outfit that makes you feel good about yourself. Pick out something that you feel beautiful or strong in, and wear in with intention.
- Be conscious of what you let into your life: One of the biggest things that we don’t think about when it comes to our self confidence is in regards to what we let into our life. The words, music, movies, magazines, people, etc. all of these affect how we view ourselves, and in many cases we are letting things into our lives that negatively influence our self confidence. I urge you to be careful, and take note of what you are letting influence you.
- Practice positive self talk and compassion: This may be the most important way to boost your self confidence. Practicing positive self talk, or how you talk to yourself, and compassion for yourself are so crucial. We are often the one that beats us up the most, and in order to boost our self confidence we have to start working on how we treat ourselves first. One of the best things I was ever told was to remember to think about how you would talk to yourself as a child, if you are telling your adult self something that is too harsh or too mean for your younger self maybe think twice about how you are talking to yourself.
I hope that if you are struggling with self confidence that these tips and tricks help you to be kinder to yourself, learn to love yourself more, and overall boost your self confidence. Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family or on social media.